Interested In Joining Our Team?
Inertia is growing and we’re looking for an Industrial Design Intern.
Our people are our single biggest advantage and we only hire truly talented and motivated people. We’ve built an amazing culture on a foundation of openness, service, and integrity. If you’re interested in becoming part of our team, first check out our company values. If you feel your values match with ours, then we’re off to a great start...
You / Are a student of design but practice it like a professional.
- Are still learning the trade in the classroom and want real world experience.
- Want to create your own opportunities and be responsible for your own experience where you work.
- Want to be a part of a professional organization that focuses equally on the well-being of its employees, its customers, and itself.
- Are enthusiastic, have a can-do attitude, work well in diverse groups, and are personable and flexible.
- Define your success by the results you produce and the value you bring to others you work with.
- Are known to have a high standard of excellence, craftsmanship, and pride in your work.
- Have a passion and hunger to learn and are not afraid of uncertainty or trying new things.
- Pride yourself on your ability to visually organize, articulate, and communicate your thoughts.
- Have work that earns praise from your peers and accolades from your professors; and a stunning portfolio to back it up
We / Are an eclectic mix of technical and creative people that love what we do.
- Are a team of high performance engineers, designers and technicians that work together to create innovative products - most of which never before existed in their space.
- Are focused on providing our clients with outstanding customer service experiences and results.
- Are committed to creating an outstanding team and work environment.
- Provide our team with every opportunity to learn and grow.
- Believe that our commitment to outstanding customer service, operational excellence, and the well-being of our team, company and customers puts on a path to be the best in the world.
The Position / You’ll be a pillar for our design activities and in return we’ll be the foundation for your design career.
- Inertia provides internal industrial design services on all levels of product development. We are offering the opportunity for an industrial designer intern to help us further our efforts in providing best-in-class design services to our clients.
- You’ll be participating in many creative activities and day-to-day tasks that will support the engineering, design staff, and project leads, and contribute directly to projects.
- You will be expected to contribute ideas and solutions through sketching, model making, and 3D CAD.
- We will help you establish yourself as an industrial designer and develop your awareness and voice for design.
- All projects are performed in a group, sometimes small, sometimes large, and you’re expected to have a positive and collaborative attitude.
- The internship position will span a consecutive 4 month period; extension of internship work term may be available based on performance and project load.
- Compensation will be determined based on experience
The Essentials / What you’ll be bringing to Inertia (we’ll provide the coffee and the coaching).
- Are a current student in the field of Industrial Design who has successfully completed at least three years of your studies.
- Ability to support engineering, design staff, and project leads to ensure smooth running of day-to-day tasks and product development projects, and help Inertia develop smart and innovative solutions for our clients.
- Sketching, model-making, 3D CAD modeling, and visual communications skills
- Competency in SolidWorks (solid and surface modeling), Photoshop and Illustrator
- Empathy for users
- Appreciation for production processes and materials
Inertia is a world-class team of product design and manufacturing experts, driven by results and obsessed with quality and customer service. We offer a full suite of product design services including design, prototyping, engineering, manufacturing and supply chain management.
Our clients come from a wide range of industries, from medical to clean-tech, fitness to health and safety and consumer products. Ranging from start-ups to multinationals, our customers share the drive to develop innovative products. They recognize the value and capacity of Inertia to help them bring their ideas into reality, and into customers’ hands. The quality of our customers' products speak for themselves.
See examples of our work here.