Interested In Joining Our Team?
Inertia is growing and we’re looking for a Product Development Engineer.
Our people are our single biggest advantage and we only hire truly talented and motivated people. We’ve built an amazing culture on a foundation of openness, service, and integrity. If you’re interested in becoming part of our team, first check out our company values. If you feel your values fit with ours, then we’re off to a great start...
As a Product Development Engineer at Inertia, your objective is to deliver an exceptional product development experience for our customers. Specifically, you will:
- strategize, plan, and execute the design, development, testing, and manufacturing of cutting-edge products
- use Spidey-sense-like intuition and insightful systematic research methods to draw out customer and end-user needs
- collaborate with clients and lead them to sound design solutions
- collaborate with the Inertia team and vendors to ensure a seamless customer experience and outstanding results
- balance scope, budget, timing, and deliverables – it's your glory when you do…and your accountability if you don't
- design and engineer real-world mechanical and electro-mechanical solutions – that will actually work
Who We’re Looking For
This position requires a good mix of technical understanding along with the ability to think and act strategically, focus on the details, and execute like a pro. To do that, we need someone with the following:
- a Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics or Systems Engineering
- minimum 5 years experience in physical product development in industries such as: medical and assistive devices, health, wellness and safety related consumer goods
- real-world experience applying mechanical and/or electrical engineering fundamentals
- leading product development projects from initial concept all the way to manufacture and customer delivery
- ninja-level skills with computer aided design and engineering tools (e.g., SolidWorks, SW Simulation, etc.)
- you listen intently and react with careful confidence and humility
- you like to gather facts. You use them to help evaluate ideas and make decisions on what’s best for the product and the customer
- you are great at communicating your ideas, not just great “for an engineer”, we’re talking truly great
- you have an unfulfilled passion to be a part of (and help continue to build) a truly great product development organization
- you have work that garners praise from your peers and the results to prove it
- you’re the first to take on responsibility, the last to take credit (everyone gives it to you anyway)
- you have a proven ability to develop constructive relationships with all key internal and external partners as well as collaborators
- you are a true team player and can work collaboratively, effectively, and efficiently without your ego getting in the way
- you have the persistence and resourcefulness to overcome project obstacles and drive to resolution / completion
- your assertiveness can tactfully address concerns or conflicts openly within the team and with customers
- you can deal with uncertainty in a constructive manner and generate options for moving forward
- you want to make a real and positive impact on the people around you and the world at large.
- you do whatever it takes to get the job done. Without being asked.
What We Offer
Competitive compensation and benefits are just the start. At Inertia you will have the opportunity to create your own experience, build the kind of career you want, and help build the kind of company you want to be part of. You’ll be treated as a part of the team from day one. The best idea always wins, yours included.
We create truly unique products and outstanding customer experiences. You’ll have the opportunity to be a key part of the customer journey, from first contact to product delivery as Inertia works in all stages of the product development process.
We are big believers in continuous growth. You’ll have the opportunity to learn and grow, more than any company you’ve ever worked with.
Friendliness and smarts are not mutually exclusive at Inertia. You’ll work with world-class team members that are open, collaborative, friendly and even a little nutty at times.
Inertia is a world-class team of product design and manufacturing experts, driven by results and obsessed with quality and customer service. We offer a full suite of product design services including design, prototyping, engineering, manufacturing and supply chain management.
Our clients come from a wide range of industries, from medical to clean-tech, fitness to health and safety and consumer products. Ranging from start-ups to multinationals, our customers share the drive to develop innovative products. They recognize the value and capacity of Inertia to help them bring their ideas into reality, and into customers’ hands. The quality of our customers' products speak for themselves.
See examples of our work here.