Inertia is growing and we are looking for an experienced Senior Electrical / Electronics Design Engineer to join and help grow our electronics design and engineering team. In this role, you will work closely with our amazing clients, engineers, designers and manufacturing team to deliver an outstanding product design and customer experiences.
The Electronics Design Team Lead will:
- assume a technical leadership role of electronics hardware engineering for medical and consumer products
- plan and strategize product development projects from initial customer discovery, project proposal creation, project execution through to manufacturing using scrum methods
- mentor electrical and other engineering team members
- work with customers to understand their needs and successfully lead them through projects in terms of design, risk, cost, and timing
- lead and manage the design of complex electronic control and communication systems including schematics, hardware, Electronics Bill of Materials (EBOM), simulation, and testing
- evaluate prototypes, pre-production and production samples for function and robustness
- manage outside testing services to evaluate product reliability and safety
- manage external software development teams to ensure functionality, performance, scalability, safety and other product requirements
- provide effective designs which are ready for efficient prototype building and testing iterations with final design for manufacturing in mind (Asia, North America)
- direct and ensure product quality by developing product verification and validation plans
- direct and guide component manufacturers and assemblers through product approvals and launch
- build and manage design release and control systems pertaining to electronics hardware design and engineering
- participate in local industry and professional community events (accelerators / incubators) to share knowledge and help represent Inertia's expertise in product development
- other duties as may be assigned
Who we are looking for
- minimum bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering
- minimum 5 years' experience in building and leading a technical hardware electronics team
- minimum 15 years’ progressive experience in electrical/electronic engineering design and manufacturing of consumer products and/or medical/health related devices
- extensive knowledge of and experience with analog and digital design including microprocessors and microcontrollers, amplifiers, radio modules, Bluetooth and BLE, wide range of analog and digital sensors, DC and servo motors
- mastery-level PCB design, design for EMC, schematic capture, and simulation using Altium, Eagle, or similar
- extensive experience in firmware test development and coding
- demonstrated success in systematic hardware troubleshooting and debugging using tools such as Multimeter, Oscilloscope, Power analyzer, Thermo-tester, MPLAB developer etc.
- interest in and successful experience integrating mechanical and electrical systems
- the aptitude and desire to become part of the senior leadership team
- work that garners praise from your peers, customers and the tangible results to prove it
You are someone who:
- is as comfortable in a customer facing role as they are doing the technical work
- likes to gather facts. You use them to help evaluate ideas and make decisions on what’s best for the product and the customer
- is great at communicating your ideas, not just great “for an engineer”, we’re talking truly great
- is the first to take on responsibility, the last to take credit (everyone gives it to you anyway)
- has a proven ability to develop constructive relationships with all key internal and external partners
- can work collaboratively, effectively, and efficiently without your ego getting in the way
- has the persistence and resourcefulness to overcome project obstacles and drive to resolution
- can tactfully and effectively address concerns or conflicts openly within the team and with customers
- can deal with uncertainty in a constructive manner and generate options for moving forward
- wants to make a real and positive impact on the people around you and the world at large
- does whatever it takes to get the job done. Without being asked.
Interested in Joining Our Team?
Our people are our single biggest advantage and we only hire truly talented and motivated people. We’ve built an amazing culture on a foundation of openness, service, and integrity. Not only is our employee engagement score consistently higher than 80% of OfficeVibe participating companies in over 90 countries, but we've also been recognized by our team as a Great Place to Work™ and as one of Canada's 2019 Best Places to Work!
If you’re interested in becoming part of our team, check out our company values. If you feel your values fit with ours, then we’re off to a great start...
What We Offer
Competitive compensation and benefits are just the start. At Inertia you will have the opportunity to create your own experience, build the kind of career you want, and help build the kind of company you want to be part of. You’ll be treated as a part of the team from day one. The best idea always wins, yours included.
We create truly unique products and outstanding customer experiences. You’ll have the opportunity to be a key part of the customer journey, from first contact through product design and on to final product delivery as Inertia works in all stages of the product development process.
We are big believers in continuous growth. You’ll have the opportunity to learn and grow, more than any company you’ve ever worked with.
Friendliness and smarts are not mutually exclusive at Inertia. You’ll work with world-class team members that are open, collaborative, friendly and even a little nutty at times.
Inertia is a world-class team of product design, engineering, and manufacturing experts, driven by results and obsessed with quality and customer service. We offer a full suite of product design services including design, prototyping, engineering, manufacturing and supply chain management.
Our clients come from a wide range of industries, from medical to clean-tech, fitness to health and safety and consumer products. Ranging from start-ups to multinationals, our customers share the drive to develop innovative products. They recognize the value and capacity of Inertia to help them bring their ideas into reality, and into customers’ hands. The quality of our customers' products speak for themselves. See examples of our work here.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.